QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
热搜: 活动 交友 discuz
查看: 1917|回复: 2

阿三为什么要出国打工?

[复制链接]
发表于 2017-3-14 08:01:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
To be direct and blunt, its not just extra salary, its a hell lot of extra salary.

My pay in India was pretty high. Say my salary was top 20% in my organization. But, what I save here (TX, USA) is more than double of what I made in India (even before tax).

But, when I started from India, I wasn't sure how much my savings would be as I didn't know the possible expenses. So yes, I moved out of India for a little extra and probably some experience of a different world.

But now whats stopping me here is completely different.

My company in India made sure they made me realize that they are paying me high so I should be slogging whenever they want me to. I should not have a work life balance as I am highly paid.

Here, my salary is considered average so nobody expects me to slog extra. I can do my 9–5 and leave and have a life.

I am adding more value to Indian economy compared to what I was doing while I was in India. I send all my savings to India which finally comes into circulation in India. So, a lot of foreign funds flowing in.

I am doing sensible work. Making decisions which are important. I come from the body shop companies (Infy, tcs and all) which get the outsourced work. The work being outsourced to these companies in India is basically what no one over there wants to do or is not worth enough to be paid higher for. Like repetetive work or maintenance. If someone from these body shops say that they are working on something because US didn’t had the right skill, they would be lying. In India, good work is done by the product companies or the direct offices of the Amercian companies like Microsoft, google, Pega etc. If I return and not get hired by product, I will be back to useless work.

Quality of life is higher, yes. Running water, electricity, swimming pools and gyms in all complexes. But thats not a major reason keeping me here.

Also, a lot of people come in pretty early to US, thanks to the body shops. They just start the career and earning like 2–3L in India. For them its huge to be here in terms of money. They get the minimum H1 package which too is higher than most of highly paid people in India. And yes, people say that spending in dollars leave you the same. I think, with the current exchange rate, you will always have a lot more saving than you can dream of in India.

I can think of taking a vacation in Europe, south america, anywhere. And money wont be the concern. Issue might be lack of vacation time. In India, with INR to any currency conversion, foreign vacation is a really big deal. If I go anywhere in the world, say for a week. Other than flights and stay, my expenditure would actually be less than that week in US or same.

There are issues, yes. I miss India and wont mind coming back, yes. But thats not part of the question. That would be what makes people come back.

So, yes. I did come here for a little extra salary but found a lot of reasons to stay.
许多东西,你放下了,是个永远的困扰,每天都出现,无法避免。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

3万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2017-3-14 09:22:16 | 显示全部楼层
我来这的确是为了一点更高的薪水,但却有了充分的理由留下。是不是去了北京也会有如此感受 ,嗯努力吧
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2017-3-14 13:17:32 | 显示全部楼层
《世界是平的》中提到过印孚,塔塔。
这哥们估计码农,硅谷地区有私人泳池,估计也是豪宅。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|机械荟萃山庄 ( 辽ICP备16011317号-1 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-29 07:10 , Processed in 0.107094 second(s), 19 queries , Gzip On.